Tuesday 9 November 2010

Crazy Quilt by Aussie gal sells for $70,000.00 ...


After graduating with a degree in 2003 I swore off the books & study ...
I went in search of my creative self.

As a long time sewer, knitter, crafter ...
embroiderer, made kids clothes, toys, dolls, furnishings, my own clothes ...
always and forever making something out of nothing ...
the yearn was to sew again!


literally fell off the shelf at me!

Opening that book was like coming home!

Crazy Quilting was my passion till life changed in 2008 ...
(that's another story.)

During the past year the creative me has been re-emerging, seeking ...
BUT ...
I might have to take up Crazy Quilting again ...

This amazing 'Grandmothers Fans' quilt ...
completed in 1996 by Aussie girl, Robyne Melia just sold for $70,000.00!

Congratulations Robyne.

Mmmm should I dig out the CQ stash, books, etcetera again ???

Isn't that amazing news for Australian needleworkers & crafters?

0 Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails